Monday, January 16, 2017

Margot

ENS. Margot "Witch" Fenring at N.A.S. Pompelmou, Nautilus, VF-101, CSG 11. January 5, 2014.




















Among those who made it possible for Miramar to exist in the Tuarua Fiji estate, Margot Fenring is without a doubt the most significant one. During Gold & Blue Day, as I expressed my gratitude to all who made Naval Air Station Miramar what it is today, her name was missed. I had been up for 48 hours straight with a lot of work preparing for the ceremony and busy with N.A.S.M. and Blue Angels duties and somehow I just slipped.
Margot is one of Tuarua Fiji's most capable managers and in that capacity she serves as CMC at Miramar. She is liaison with Tuarua Fiji Estates and takes action on our PATROU reports in the region.  

To Margot Fenring, my apologies and the following record of years of outstanding service, both as a Master Chief and as an Officer. Here is just a little of the "Witch" countess story in the service, in first person.

As usual click on the photos to enlarge.

CPO Asra Kron and MCPO Margot Fenring, SICG, SICGAS Emile, 2014

It was then Seychelles Isles Coast Guard MCPO Margot Fenring who brought me to the naval service. To this day she remains an example to me. She guided me and others through ups and downs and when we lost our commander and I lost my drive she was the one pulling me back and kicking my butt. An outstanding Master Chief and a joy to serve with. SICGAS Emile will forever be in my heart. Unfortunately the place it stood on, Emile Isle, located 5 sims West of Saint Louis Isle, just South West of Miramar, is now gone, one of the casualties of Seychelles Isles last days' turmoil.


ENSs. Kron and Fenring checking the tarmac at N.A.S. Pompelmoo.

During the command transition in S.I.C.G., I convinced Margot to add a commission in the Navy as I joined the Fleet with Carrier Strike Group Eleven, where we flew Tomcats with VF-101, the Grim Reapers, whose Mom remains the Old Salt, U.S.S. Nimitz, CVN-68. We joined when the group transferred from Terric to Pompelmou while the carrier was taken to refurbish. I regained my butter bar and Margot was "downgraded" to Ensign as well. After a while she would return to S.I.C.G. and be promoted to Commander in order to take control of the group, filling the void left by a number of inconsequential leaders after we lost the original group commander. She would perform well and only the Seychelles Isles debacle that lead to Tuarua Fiji's birth in its stead would cause the local Coast Guard to shut down. It remains to this day one of the finest Coast Guards in Second Life. As for me... I "sailored" on in the U.S.N.S.L. and the rest is history.


USNL MCPO Fenring checks the deck at Miramar, 04/02/2016

After the transition from Seychelles Isles to Tuarua Fiji, Margot remained in the Estate becoming Commodore Inoue Rain's right hand as Estate manager. She would be instrumental in the next change which was the transfer of ownership of the Estate to Surreal Chung, ensuring the covenant remained virtually untouched. In that capacity, she did all in her power to allow the transfer of N.A.S. Miramar to Tuarua Fiji. On March of that year I persuaded her to return to active duty (see AS003/16), regaining her Master Chief status, which to her, coming from Commander of S.I.C.G. as O-5, was really a promotion. Master Chiefs rule, and she does it the best. 


MCPO Fenring and CDR. Kron at Miramar. Her liaison role is fundamental.

MCPO Fenring, a.k.a. Tuarua Fiji manager Margot, remains N.A.S. Miramar liaison with Tuarua Fiji management and works to ensure both the maintenance of the Estate according to covenant and the good standing of Miramar in the Estate. Though her duties as such keep her from a more active role in the station's day to day life, she is this command de facto CMC and if you see her on deck your cover better be off. Just saying...

To Margot "Witch" Fenring, one of the best friends I will ever have, both SL and RL, and without question, in my mind, the best Master Chief in this Navy. Thank you, Mar.

CDR. Asra Kron
NASMCO

(*) note to Margot: The cheesecake is in the mess fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment